MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018
- Senior Beach Trip Permission Forms - DUE today - turn in to Ms. Mauney's basket
- History in Movies with Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 5:30 pm: The Aviator
TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018
- AP Calculus Exam at 8:00 am (info)
- GWCS Foundation Scholarship Deadline (info)
- Staff Meeting from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
WEDNESDAY, may 16, 2018
- Anime Club during lunch with Ciara from 12:15 pm - 12:50 pm
- Prom Committee Meeting with Ms. Mauney from 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
THURSDAY, may 17, 2018
- Graduation Fee & RSVP Form Due Today! (info)
- GSA Meeting with Mr. Pereira and Anne at 12:30 pm
- Meditation & Yoga Session with Shayna Frankel in Mr. Connelly's classroom from 2:45 pm - 3:30 pm (info)
FRIDAY, may 18, 2018
- Co-Ops for all GWCS juniors & seniors
- OBX: Paper Roller Coasters for all GWCS freshmen & sophomores
The Students of the Week this Week are all of the members of Coyote Theatre (also known as ‘The Bit-Off More-Than-We-Could-Chew Players’) for demonstrating the GWCS value of INVESTMENT! Congratulations to Delia O'Grady, Anne Callaway, Nick O'Neal, Conner Sulfstede, Lizzie Weber, Emily Granger, Gabe Kimmel, Christian Bowman, Kian Monette, Jack Dwyer, and Kelley Carlisle for all three evenings of the amazing performances that they gave us last week. Yes, the innocuous, hardly noticeable, virtually invisible GWCS Theatre Department has done it again. Sort-of in the style of our heroes at The American Shakespeare Center in Staunton, they produced four shows at the same time. Many players were in multiple shows, many players had multiple parts in the same shows, and multiple shows had multiple characters on stage at multiple times. It was great. I heard it was great! The cast (who also played monkeys in another show at the same time called ‘The Crew’) started rehearsing in early March. That’s two full months of dedicating yourself to rehearsals, memorizing all your lines for all of the shows that you are going to be in, and eating cookies. It is a level of dedication that most people can only dream of achieving! Theatre, the single most sophisticated endeavor a human being can pursue, was beautifully presented to us, once again, with grace and poise, by the world’s smallest (as far as you know) theatre troupe in the history of man! Thank you! 100%. Congratulations!
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
AP EXAMS BEGIN THIS WEEK...
If you signed up to take an AP exam this year, here is WYNK:
MAY 7 - AP EXAM BUBBLE PARTY
- ALL STUDENTS taking an AP exam this month were supposed to attend the May 7th AP Exam bubble party to complete the name, address, and general information portion of their answer sheet prior to exam day. If you are taking one of the AP Exams listed below and have not bubbled your sheet yet - SEE MS. MAUNEY ASAP!
MORNING ap EXAMS
- Students taking a morning AP exam should arrive at the school no later than 7:45am. Testing will begin at 8:00 am. Students who are late will not be allowed to take the test. Student can leave after the exam with written permission from their parents or stay the full day and participate in their afternoon classes. Because there are no classes on Fridays, all AP students whose exam is on a Friday should be picked up after the test.
AP EXAM SCHEDULE
Remaining 2018 AP Test Dates and Times
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Friday, May 25, 2018 (for any students already taking another AP exam on 5/10)
AP Government & Politics
AP Exam end times will vary depending on the subject and student accommodations. In general, morning exams will run from 8:00 am - 11:30 am.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EXAM
- (2) Sharpened #2 Pencils
- (2) Pens (blue or black ink – if you are taking a test with an essay section)
- Calculator (if you are taking a test with a math section)
- Click--> COLLEGE BOARD EXAM DAY POLICIES
- Click--> WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT BRING!
IMPORTANT GRADUATION DATES:
This list is shrinking quickly! Worried you missed something? Need more details? Refer to full list of important dates and info links by clicking the button above.
- May 17: R.S.V.P DEADLINE - Talley total number of guests and submit graduation fee & R.S.V.P. form by this date!
- May 17: Quilt Giver name due - signup sheet in cafe
- June 11: Graduation Speeches are due - turn in to Ms. Mauney
- June 11: Memory Boards are due - turn in to Ms. Mauney
- June 14: Graduation Rehearsal at Masonic Temple
- June 16: Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony & Reception
GWCS GRADUATION COUNTDOWN...
GWCS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP...
tuesday, MAY 15, 2018
The GW Community School Foundation awards scholarships twice a year. The application for the first half of the 2018-2019 academic year is due Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Scholarship notifications will be sent out by June 15, 2018. For more information and to apply for a scholarship, please go to http://www.gwcommunityschoolfoundation.com.
MEDITATION & YOGA SESSION...
COYOTES ARE NATURALS!
Wednesday, May 17, 2018 from 2:45 pm - 3:30 pm
Hello Courageous Chaotic Coyotes: On May 17th from 2:45 pm-3:30 pm my dearest friend, Shayna Frankel, will be leading a meditation/yoga session in Mr. Connelly's classroom especially for coyotes! This is a fantastic opportunity to get a glimpse of a live session lead by a licensed professional. If you are a minor (17 or younger) you must get THIS WAIVER signed by your parents and have it present the day of the session (or hand it in to Ms. Kohler directly and I will save it for you). If you have a personal yoga mat feel free to bring it (mats will also be provided), and dress in comfortable, flexible clothing. Please come take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!
One of the best parts of being a student at GWCS is that everyone is friends! Prom is a fun evening of dancing - even if you think you can't dance, hanging out and just having fun with your friends. come one, come all!
- Theme: Enchanted Forest
- Date: Friday, June 1, 2018
- Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Historic Blenheim in Fairfax (map)
- Tickets: $30/per person (see Ms. Mauney)
- Who? GWCS Prom is open to all GWCS students - all grades!
- Dress: Semi-formal or as fancy as you'd like!
- Guest Form: Click Here
GOAL ALMOST MET!
Dear GWCS Community -
Thank you once again for your generous contributions to our online auction and fundraising efforts. This school year has flown by, and I can hardly believe our 2018 graduating class will be in their caps and gowns in less than 57 days. I get teary just thinking about it! I'm so proud of our seniors, and of all of our students and faculty.
As you know, anyone who chose to give a direct donation will see their name -- with our thanks -- in our GWCS 2018 Graduation Program (unless you opted to donate anonymously). As we prepare for graduation, we wanted to give everyone another opportunity to donate directly to GWCS. We have five donation levels, and any amount is welcome and appreciated as a way to honor our GWCS students, faculty and school.
Here's the link: http://www.gwcommunityschool.com/support-us/#anchor-donate
The deadline for your name to appear in the graduation program is Memorial Day, May 28th.
Thank you again, as always.
TEACHER APPRECIATION MONTH...
Thank you PAC for the very generous Amazon Gift Cards and the kind words! You made us all smile!
Love & Appreciation,
The GWCS Staff
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
May 20-24: Senior Beach Trip
May 25: OBX - NOVA Theatre Tour
May 28: No School - Memorial Day
May 30: Stream Cleanup
June 1: 2018-2019 Tuition Plan 'A' Payment Due
June 1: GWCS Prom
June 2: SAT & Subject Tests
June 11-15: Final Exams
June 14: Graduation Rehearsal
June 15: Last Day of School - End of Year BBQ
June 16: GWCS Class of 2018 Graduation
- SCHOOL EVENTS ONLINE CALENDAR
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING - OBX EVENTS
- SUPPORT US
- SUMMER CAMPS & INFO
- 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR AT-A-GLANCE
- EMAIL & ONEDRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- GWCS NEWS BLOG
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request 'Goldie Warden' and we will add you to the exclusive GWCS Current Families Facebook Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)