SATURDAY, FEB. 3, 2018
- Robotics FTC Eastern VA Qualifying Tournament with Mr. Lindner at Heritage High School in Newport News, VA (info) (map)
MONDAY, FEB. 5, 2018
- History in Movies with Mr. Wallace from 3:15 pm - 5:45 pm: Galileo
- Boys Basketball Game: GWCS vs. New School (Home) 4:00 pm tip-off (map)
- Coyote Robotics Elective with Mr. Lindner from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
TUESDAY, FEB. 6, 2018
- Staff Meeting from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- USA Gap Year Fair at Marshall High School from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (map)
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 7, 2018
- Anime Club during lunch with Ciara from 12:15 pm - 12:50 pm
- Prom Committee Meeting with Mr. Goldie and Ms. Mauney from 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm
- Coyote Robotics Elective with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
THURSDAY, FEB. 8, 2018
- GSA Meeting with Mr. Pereira and Ann at 12:30 pm
- Boys Varsity Basketball Game: GWCS vs. Chelsea (Home) 4:00 pm tip-off (map)
- Girls Varsity Basketball Game: GWCS vs. Cornerstone (Home) 5:15 pm tip-off (map)
FRIDAY, FEB. 9, 2018
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
SATURDAY, FEB. 10, 2018
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Student of the Week this week is ELIZABETH CRONIN for demonstrating the GWCS value of EXCELLENCE.
After crushing her midterms last week, all A’s, Elizabeth took a long weekend and then came back and picked-up in the third quarter right where she left-off! Elizabeth had (yet another) great week of classes, turning in assignments, playing in two basketball games, and being a good friend to everybody in her path. Earlier this week one of her teachers was heard saying, ‘That kid is going to be a great college student. She totally understands what it takes to do well in school.’ If you’re trying to change your study habits, look no further. Elizabeth is the gold-standard for how to do well in school!
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
BELIEVE IN GWCS: DONATE TODAY!
LET’S REACH OUR GOAL OF $25,000!
35 DONATIONS RECEIVED SO FAR
75+ DONATIONS NEEDED TO ACHIEVE OUR GOAL
Deadline for Donations: February 23, 2018
AUCTION ITEM OF THE WEEK:
Kiawah Island Vacation Home for up to 8 people
Kiawah Island is a fabulous holiday destination in South Carolina, known for its beaches and nature reserve. This extra-special vacation home is across from one of seven golf courses on the Island. Not into golf? It's a short walk to the beach, or jump on one of five bikes or two kayaks that come with the home and explore. The house is available for one week at a date mutually agreeable with the Tucker/Rauch Family.
Three cheers to Deiadre Rauch for donating a beautiful vacation home for a WEEK on Kiawah Island, South Carolina. Thanks, Deiadre, for such a generous donation!
ARE YOU STUMPED ON DONATION IDEAS?
How about TRAVEL? Everyone loves a fantastic vacation or weekend getaway. Do you or a friend/family member have a vacation spot that you can donate? A beach house or weekend home? Let us know!
FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DONATE AUCTION ITEMS HERE:
HAVE AN ITEM TO DONATE? ENTER IT HERE:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
2018-2019 GWCS ENROLLMENT
Attention Underclassmen Families: Watch your mailbox for the 2018-2019 GWCS enrollment packet. You should receive it by this weekend - if you haven't already!
SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL JOB & INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
Information below shared by GWCS parents and teachers:
Potomac Overlook Regional Park in Arlington, VA is looking for summer camp counselors. They are seeking highly motivated individuals to join their camp team. Nature Camp Counselors should demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and caring for the program and its participants. read more...
- Position: Nature Camp Counselor
- Pay Rate: $12.18/hour (between 10-40 hours per week)
- Must be 18 years old
- Accepting applications NOW
The U.S. Botanic Gardens in Washington, D.C. is offering 12-week paid summer internships for students at least 16 years old as of June 30, 2018 and enrolled in high school or college.
- Position 1: Laborer or Gardener Aide
- Position 2: Horticulture Aide
- Compensation: $13.63/hour
- Deadline to apply is February 5, 2018
The Chesapeake Bay Field Station is offering an internship program for 8 current high school juniors, age 16 and older, with an interest in education, biology or science. For 2 months, students will live, work and play on their main campus, located just minutes from the islands of Chincoteague and Assateague.
- Chesapeake Bay Field Station Internships
- Sea S.T.A.R. (Students Teaching and Researching) Flyer
- Compensation: Unpaid, housing and meals provided
- Deadline to apply is February 4, 2018
REGISTER EARLY FOR THE SAT!
Did you know that you can register NOW for any SAT test date this year? There are many testing sites available in Northern Virginia but if you are hoping to take your SATs at GWCS, register as early as possible as we are a very small testing site; we are open to the public, and we fill up really fast! The SATs will be proctored at GWCS on the following dates:
- Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Saturday, May 5, 2018
- Saturday, June 2, 2018
Feb 17: Anime Club: Katsucon Convention
Feb 17: Coyote Robotics Pre-States Scrimmage at GWCS
Feb 19: No School - Presidents' Day
Feb 20: Add/Drop Deadline for Third Quarter
Feb 21: Girls Varsity Basketball Championship
Feb 24: Robotics FTC State Championship Tournament
Mar 1: Tuition 'Plan D' Payment Due
Mar 2: Event Night
Mar 6-15: PAC Online Auction
Mar 8: 100 Days Until Graduation
Mar 9: Hexagon
Mar 10: SAT and Subject Tests
Mar 22: Basketball Banquet
Mar 23: Last Day of Third Quarter
Mar 26 - Apr 2: No School - Spring Break
Mar 28: GMU Regional College Fair
- SCHOOL EVENTS CALENDAR
- EMAIL & ONEDRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- GWCS NEWS BLOG
- SUPPORT US
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request 'Goldie Warden' to be added to the GWCS Current Families Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)