MONDAY, FEB. 26, 2018
- History in Movies with Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm: Amadeus (Part II)
- Theatre Rehearsal with Mr. Goldie and Dr. Garon from 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm
TUESDAY, FEB. 27, 2018
- NO GYM TODAY!
- Last Day to Get Your Donation into the Auction (enter donation here)
- Environmental Science Field Trip to American Recycling Center and Botanical Gardens - All Day! (Please refer to earlier emails and info sent home for arrival and departure details!)
- AP Computer Science Principles programming marathon with Dr. Cox - All Day!
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 28, 2018
- Anime Club during lunch with Ciara from 12:15 pm - 12:50 pm
- Prom Committee Meeting with Mr. Goldie and Ms. Mauney from 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
- Stream Cleanup - Monthly Community Service Event with Ms. Kohler and Dr. Garon from 3:15 pm - 4:45 pm. ❀❀ SIGN UP HERE. Space is limited! ❀❀
- Hamlet Theatre Night in D.C. with Mr. Goldie from 4:15 pm - @11:00 pm
THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2018
- Tuition 'Plan D' Payment Due
- GSA Meeting with Mr. Pereira and Anne at 12:30 pm
FRIDAY, MARCH 2, 2018
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
- Event Night with Mr. Pereira from 6:00 pm - 8:00 am Saturday! (info)
SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2018
- Event Night Pick-up at 8:00 am
The Student of the Week this week is LAURA MASSEY for demonstrating the GWCS value of TEAM PLAY.
Laura embodies Team Play both in and outside the classroom. When in class, she doesn’t hesitate to help her peers with assignments, or to explain concepts to other students. She assists in cultivating a productive learning environment by always staying engaged with the lesson at hand, and by asking and answering questions when she can. More than this, Laura always brings with her to school an enthusiastic attitude that is contagious. Quick to give a smile and have a conversation, her cheerful energy is a great boost to morale around school. She is an invaluable member of the GWCS pack, and this kind of exceptional Team Play is what makes her the Student of the Week.
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT TO DONATE AUCTION ITEMS!
►►Donation deadline extended to Tuesday, 2/27 -- so hurry to get your items in today!◄◄
56 DONATIONS RECEIVED SO FAR
75+ DONATIONS REQUIRED TO REACH OUR GOAL OF $25,000!
AUCTION ITEM OF THE WEEK ツ
BARREL OAK WINERY
WINE TASTING PACKAGE
Enjoy a wonderful, relaxing day in Virginia Wine country with family and friends!
This certificate entitles eight people to a group tasting at Barrel Oak Winery (BOW). Groups are invited to bring a picnic to enjoy after the tasting (dogs welcome!) and will receive a $40 BOW Bucks card redeemable for winery purchases.
A special thank you to Barrel Oak Winery for their generous donation!
Need donation ideas? With 4 days left, we're here to help!
Everyone has some talent - perhaps a talent or skill which invokes a stream of compliments. This skill can be donated to help our worthy cause. Alumni parent Jean Abood is known for her decadent cakes. Jean is donating a delicious cake for your next special occasion or for your personal indulgence. What special talent can you contribute?For help with donation ideas, contact Kim Dwyer at Kim_dwyer@verizon.net
FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DONATE AUCTION ITEMS HERE:
HAVE AN ITEM TO DONATE? ENTER IT HERE:
Announcing the 12th Annual GWCS Event Night where all the rooms in the school will become hubs of fun! Each room will have its own theme ranging from music rooms, to gaming rooms, to Goldie's 'Stranger Things' room. For those who choose to go to sleep, there will be designated separate sleeping rooms for boys and girls.
Friday, March 2nd - Saturday, March 3rd
- 6:00 pm - Midnight (Half-Night)
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 am (All Night)
Note 1 - Before Event-Night: If it makes your life easier to just stay at school and wait for Event Night to begin - that's between you and your parents. Staff and students in charge of Event Night will be busy setting up and will not be supervising students who stay after school.
Note 2 - During Event Night: Students will not be allowed to come-and-go. This is a 'lock-in' event. If you need to arrive or leave at a time other than what's listed above - you will need to get special permission from Mr. Pereira.
Limited space available due to a strict student/teacher ratio. Reserve a spot on the exclusive Event Night attending-list by providing Ms. Mauney cash or a check (payable to GWCS) ASAP!
- $15 (6:00 pm - midnight)
- $20 (6:00 pm - 8:00 am)
Yes, there will be pizza, snacks and drinks all night culminating with Goldie's early morning eggs and bacon!
- Sleeping bag
- Change of clothes
- Snacks to share
- Video games
- Gaming system and controllers
- Musical instrument
The Ghosts of Event Night's Past:
ORDER YOUR GWCS SPRING SWAG!
Before spring break - put order forms in basket on Ms. Mauney's desk by March 23, 2018!
A LITTLE WEEKEND READING...
just in case you didn't get to these last weekend...
- Catch a Coyote Being Kind by Mrs. Sinichko
- The Canterbury Tales - A Road Trip Well Travelled by Dr. Garon
- Celebrating Our Senior Basketball Families by Mr. Goldie
- Create, Explore, Problem-Solve, Innovate, Express Yourself and Have Fun! by Dr. Cox
- Coyotes Contemplate Caterpillars, Chrysalis... Butterflies by Ms. Kohler
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Mar 2: Event Night
Mar 5: Lettuce Challenge - Prom Fundraiser
Mar 6-15: PAC Online Auction
Mar 8: Panama Interest Meeting - Spring Break 2019
Mar 8: 100 Days Until Graduation
Mar 9: Hexagon Extravaganza
Mar 10: SAT and Subject Tests
Mar 21: Coffeehouse
Mar 22: Basketball Banquet
Mar 23: Last Day of Third Quarter
Mar 23: AP Test Orders Due
Mar 23: Spring Swag Orders Due
Mar 26 - Apr 2: No School - Spring Break
Mar 28: GMU Regional College Fair
- SCHOOL EVENTS ONLINE CALENDAR
- SUMMER CAMPS & INFO
- 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR AT-A-GLANCE
- EMAIL & ONEDRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- GWCS NEWS BLOG
- SUPPORT US
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request 'Goldie Warden' to be added to the GWCS Current Families Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)