SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2017
- Staunton Shakespeare Trip with Mr. Goldie... still in Staunton
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2017
- Staunton Shakespeare Trip with Mr. Goldie returns to GWCS at approx 7:00 pm
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2017
- No School - Student Holiday
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm *Special Time*
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2017
- No School - Student Holiday
- No School - Teacher Workday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2017
- Lifetouch Senior Portraits from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (info)
- Anime Club with Ciara during the second half of lunch in Dr. G's classroom
- History in Movies with Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm: Cleopatra - Part I
- Soccer Club with Senor Torres from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Robotics Elective with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2017
- Balfour Class Ring Orders Due - Rep available during lunch (info)
- GSA Meeting in Mr. Pereira's Classroom with Anne at 12:30 pm
- Improv/Theatre Elective with Dr. Garon and Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Music Club with Mr. Torres from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Parents PAC Meeting at GWCS from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm (info)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2017
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2017
- Coyote Robotics - FTC North Central Qualifying Tournament with Mr. Lindner at Orange High School, Orange, VA – 7:30 am – 6:00 pm. Come cheer your teams on – early afternoon best time to watch! (info) (map)
- Boys Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School at 12:00 pm (map)
- Girls Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School at 2:00 am (map)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2017
- Girls Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School - Time TBD (map)
- Boys Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School - Time TBD (map)
The Student of the Week this week is CONNER SULFSTEDE for demonstrating the GWCS value of RESPONSIBILITY.
Conner arrives at the gym early every morning to lift weights before he marches down stairs to give 100 percent on the basketball court. He has not missed a practice and accepts every challenge put in front of him.
Conner has become an excellent student and demonstrates the characteristics necessary to succeed. He takes superior notes, makes corrections and completes every assignment. Conner is a sophomore that is excelling in senior level Advanced Placement classes and shows no sign of slowing down. Conner is just realizing his potential and is an excellent candidate for this weeks Student of the Week Award for Responsibility.
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
WHO: ALL GWCS Seniors
WHEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Seniors have the option to not attend gym, but should be at GWCS no later than 9:00 am.
TIME: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Students will be notified when it is their time to have their photo taken.
Seniors receive information about portrait packages and pricing in the mail - directly from Lifetouch. Some years Lifetouch includes an appointment time - disregard this time as it does not apply to small schools like GWCS.
On picture day, Lifetouch photographers will collect your sitting fee. Sitting fees will vary depending on the package you choose. Make all checks payable to Lifetouch. In about three weeks after your child is photographed, you will receive proofs in the mail. Use those proofs to order through the mail or online at prestigeportraits.com
STUDENT ID PHOTO:
Seniors have the option to get their picture taken November 3 with the underclassmen and receive a student ID.
All seniors will have a formal yearbook photo taken free of charge - even if they are not purchasing senior portraits from Lifetouch. Male students will be provided a tux and female students will be provided a drape for the yearbook pose. Ladies, please bring a spaghetti strapped shirt for drape images.
WHAT TO BRING:
Seniors may bring their portrait clothes to school on a hanger. Time to change will be provided. Depending on the poses chosen, some students will only be photographed from the waist up and other will need to keep in mind what pants and shoes they are wearing as well. Also, bring makeup, hair doodads, jewelry, and any props for the photo.
There is not an in-school makeup day for senior pictures. If you are absent, contact Lifetouch directly at 800-445-1191 or email@example.com to schedule a makeup session at one of their studios.
It's time to order your class rings!
GWCS students in all grades may order a class ring. There will be a representative from Balfour in the cafe during lunch. Look at sample rings, figure out your size, ask questions, place your order. Deposit required. If interested - ask Ms. Mauney for a Class Ring Packet which includes order forms and catalog.
DATE: Thursday, November 9, 2017
TIME: During Lunch
PLACE: GWCS Cafe
DEPOSIT: A minimum deposit of $60.00 must accompany each order. Cash, check, money order or credit card may be used for your deposit. The balance will be due in full upon delivery of the ring (delivery will be in approximately 6-8 weeks).
DESIGN: "GW Community School" will be on the top of each ring and you decide the following: ring style, metal choice, metal finish, engraving, side designs (depending on the ring style you choose), stone color and cut. All items are detailed in the Balfour brochure. The pricing for each style is listed on the price list.
COYOTE MASCOT: Custom coyote mascot design available on all "Identity" series rings. To select the mascot option please check off "custom mascot" on either "side 1 or side 2" on the order form.
ORDER FORMS: All juniors automatically received a packet to bring home this week. Additional packets available from Ms. Mauney, just stop by her desk if you are interested!
QUESTIONS: Call/Email Balfour 703.941.1436 firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL PARENTS PAC POTLUCK MEETING
Thursday, November 9, 2017
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
All GWCS parents are encouraged to attend quarterly PAC meetings. Please R.S.V.P. by Wednesday, November 8th so that we can plan accordingly.
Please join me next Thursday, November 9th at 6:30 PM for our first PAC Parent Potluck of the year! You’ll have a chance to meet other parents, learn about our amazing online auction, our Co-Op and OBX programs, our foundation, and much more. Please make attending a priority! At GWCS it truly takes a village—and what an awesome village we have.
We are kindly requesting that each class sponsor different items. Click on the the /R.S.V.P./Sign Up button for details. However, come as you are whether in yoga pants or three-piece suit. AND, no shame in swinging by a drive through to pick up a snack. What’s most important is your presence. I promise you: this will be a super-fun event, and you’ll be glad you came!
Thanks in advance for your commitment and caring!
Help Ms. Kohler's science classes raise money to complete the building of the GWCS aquaponics system! How? Bring in a few dollars and purchase something from their goodie table. GOAL: $150
HALLOWEEN HOOPLA CONTEST WINNERS
HUGE thank you to Ms. Warden and her Halloween planning committee - Kian, Anne, Delia, Cecilia & Conner - for organizing a fantastic 68 minutes of after lunch hooopla and Mr. Goldie for hosting the after school scary movies!
Watch for blog blurb and photos next week!
- Mummy Winner: Mr. Pereira's Advisory (Prize - pass to 2nd round of doughnut contest!)
- Donut Winner: Delia for Mr. Goldie's Advisory (Prize - pizza party next week!)
- Costume Winners: (Prizes - individual trophies)
- Delia (Scarecrow) for Most Creative
- Evelyn (Minion) for Best Reference
- Olivia (Fox Face) for Scariest
WE ARE TWEETING AGAIN!
Back in 2009, GWCS started tweeting but it just wasn’t catching on so we stopped.
Now, in 2017, we are going to give it another try. If we get enough followers we will tweet GWCS reminders and announcements on a regular basis.
So, if you're a twitter user, please follow us… https://twitter.com/GWCSCoyote
If you've never had a reason to twitter before, now you do!
If you ever have a school related announcement you would like us to tweet – just send Mrs. Sinichko an email!
Nov 13-17: School Spirit Week
Nov 16: Mandatory Co-Op Meeting - all juniors and seniors
Nov 17: Homecoming Boys Basketball Game & Homecoming Dance
Nov 21: Heritage Feast & Early Dismissal
Nov 22-24: No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
Nov 29: Stream Cleanup - Community Service Event
Dec 1: Add/Drop Deadline for 2nd Quarter
Dec 1: Tuition 'Plans C & D' Payment Due
Dec 2: Robotics - FTC Northern Virginia Qualifier
Dec 8-10: Robotics - FTC Southwest Virginia Qualifier
Dec 13: Theatre Production - One Act Plays
Dec 13: Lifetouch Underclassmen Portrait Make-Up Day
Dec 13: Stream Cleanup - Community Service Event
Dec 15: Holiday Pagaent
Dec 18-Jan 1: No School - Winter Break
- SCHOOL EVENTS CALENDAR
- EMAIL & ONE DRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request Goldie Warden to be added to the GWCS Current Families Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)