SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2017
- Coyote Robotics - FTC North Central Qualifying Tournamentwith Mr. Lindner at Orange High School, Orange, VA – 7:30 am – 6:00 pm. Come cheer your teams on – early afternoon best time to watch! (info) (map)
- Boys Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School at 12:00 pm (map)
- Girls Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School at 2:00 am (map)
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2017
- Girls Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School - Time TBD (map)
- Boys Varsity Basketball - Turkey Tip-Off Invitational at Barrie School - Time TBD (map)
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2017
- School Spirit Week! SPORTS JERSEY MONDAY
- History in Movies with Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 5:00 pm: Cleopatra - Part II
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2017
- School Spirit Week! EARLY 90s TUESDAY
- Staff Meeting from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2017
- School Spirit Week! MULTIPLICITY WEDNESDAY
- Anime Club with Ciara during the second half of lunch in Dr. G's classroom
- Soccer Club with Senor Torres from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- Robotics Elective with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
- Boys Varsity Basketball Game: GWCS vs. Cornerstone - 4:30 pm tip-off (home)
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2017
- School Spirit Week! TEACHER LOOK-ALIKE THURSDAY
- Co-Op Info Meeting with Ms. Warden & Ms. Stombres for all juniors & seniors at 8:15 am in cafe (no gym for juniors or seniors only)
- GSA Meeting in Mr. Pereira's Classroom with Anne at 12:30 pm
- Improv/Theatre Elective with Dr. Garon and Mr. Goldie from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017
- School Sprit Week! BLUE & GREY FRIDAY
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
- Boys Varsity Homecoming Basketball Game: GWCS vs. LAB - 4:00 pm tip-off (home) (info)
- Coyote Homecoming Dance at GWCS with DJ Muntu from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm(info)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2017
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Student of the Week this week is EMILY GRANGER for demonstrating the GWCS value of EXCELLENCE.
It is difficult to pick one value to describe Emily, but over the past week she has demonstrated excellence by keeping up with her classwork while at home recovering from surgery. Emily arranged to Skype into classes so she would minimize the amount of instruction missed and maximize her participation from home. During her absence from school, she managed to make up all of her math assignments and complete a written project for English class. In short, she didn't allow recovery from surgery to prevent her from keeping up with her studies and finishing the first grading quarter.
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
During School Spirit Week, GWCS students & staff celebrate their school pride by dressing according to defined daily themes as described below. Spirit week will culminate on Friday with everyone going to the first basketball game of the season followed by the homecoming dance at school!
NOV 13..........Sports Jersey MondaY
Whatever your sport, whichever your team, wear a sports jersey to school on Monday to show your coyote spirit! Don't have a sports jersey? Go see Mr. Goldie! (jersey inspiration)
NOV 14..........EARLY 90S TUESDAY
Roller blades, overalls with undone straps, combat boots, turtlenecks, lots of denim, ying yang jewelry... what says 1990s to you? (90s inspiration)
NOV 15..........MULTIPLICITY WEDNESDAY
Get together with a group of students and plan to dress the same, do your hair the same, paint your nails the same, smell the same... show your school spirit and join in on the fun! (multiplicity inspiration)
NOV 16..........TEACHER LOOK-ALIKE THURSDAY
What's the first thing that came to mind when you heard Mr. Pereira announce that Thursday is 'Teacher Look-Alike" day? Now, go make it happen! (look alike inspiration)
NOV 17..........BLUE & GREY FRIDAY
GWCS school colors are blue & grey. Wear a GWCS tshirt or any blue and grey shirt you own. Maybe a little blue & grey facepaint? Nail polish? Socks? Don't own a GWCS tshirt? See Mr. Goldie! (blue & grey inspiration)
GWCS BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL GAME (Home)
Come out and support our Coyotes! We would like to encourage ALL students and staff to attend this homecoming basketball game after school. Sign up today so that we can plan transportation!
- Location: Accotink Academy (map)
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2017
- Time: 4:00 pm- 5:30 pm
- Transportation: CLICK HERE to sign up to attend the homecoming basketball game!
GWCS HOMECOMING DANCE
This year's GWCS Homecoming dance is a guaranteed evening of fun for all! DJ Muntu will keep things hopping with high energy music, dazzling lights, dance games, challenges, and prizes!
- Location: GWCS Cafe
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2017
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Tickets: $8.00 - for sale during lunch all week!
- Food: Finger food snacks and drinks will be available during the dance.
- Dress Code: Nice casual (no sweats, no holey jeans, no t-shirts, no tennis shoes)
- Guest Permission Form: click here
- sign-up, and a percentage of your online shopping at over 1,000 stores automatically goes to GWCS!
- OR get the CauseNetwork mobile app http://gwcs.causenetwork.com/mobile and go through it each time you make your purchases!
- Online Auction
- Our annual auction goes live March 6-15, 2018, and you can start entering your donations now in our automated Auction Donation Form. You can also print out an Auction information letter for businesses.
PAC Fundraising Chair
7th Annual gwcs Heritage Feast
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Heritage Feast is an annual GWCS tradition that started back in 2010. Students, teachers, grandparents, parents, siblings, and alumni all gather in the cafe to enjoy a never ending buffet of foods that celebrate the diversity of our school community.
We are asking families to contribute tasty dishes that reflect their heritage. If you feel that your culinary heritage has no pizzaz, don't worry. You can still join in by bringing your family's favorite dish.
The GW Community School Foundation awards scholarships twice a year -- at the beginning of the academic year and then in January for the second half of the school year. The application for the second half of the 2017/18 academic year is due Friday, January 5, 2018. Scholarship notifications will be sent out by January 31, 2018. For more information and to apply for a scholarship, please go to http://www.gwcommunityschoolfoundation.com.
Nov 21: Heritage Feast
Nov 21: Early Dismissal
Nov 22-24: No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
Nov 29: Stream Cleanup - Community Service Event
Dec 1: Add/Drop Deadline for 2nd Quarter
Dec 1: Tuition 'Plans C & D' Payment Due
Dec 2: Robotics - FTC Northern Virginia Qualifier
Dec 8-10: Robotics - FTC Southwest Virginia Qualifier
Dec 13: Theatre Production - One Act Plays
Dec 13: Lifetouch Underclassmen Portrait Make-Up Day
Dec 13: Stream Cleanup - Community Service Event
Dec 15: Holiday Pagaent
Dec 18-Jan 1: No School - Winter Break
- SCHOOL EVENTS CALENDAR
- EMAIL & ONE DRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request Goldie Warden to be added to the GWCS Current Families Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)