SATURDAY, FEB. 17, 2018
- Katsucon Convention - Anime Club (info)
- Coyote Robotics 6th Annual Pre-States Scrimmage with Mr. Lindner at GWCS from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Coyote Robotics is sponsoring it's 6th Annual Pre-States Scrimmage at GWCS on Saturday, February 17th from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. A strong line-up of 10 top Virginia FTC teams have signed up to scrimmage. Come spend the afternoon at GWCS and see the action!
MONDAY, FEB. 19, 2018
- No School - Presidents' Day
TUESDAY, FEB. 20, 2018
- Add/Drop Deadline for 3rd Quarter
- LAST CASTING CALL for Spring GWCS Theatre Production! Theatre Auditions with Mr. Goldie and Dr. Garon from 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm in Goldie's classroom. (If you are interested in reading for a role in one of the the three one-act plays then you must come to this reading or schedule a time to read with Mr. Goldie before Thursday. Big and small parts still available!)
- Staff Meeting from 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 21, 2018
- Anime Club during lunch with Ciara from 12:15 pm - 12:50 pm
- Prom Committee Meeting with Mr. Goldie and Ms. Mauney from 2:40 pm - 3:15 pm
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
- Girls Varsity Basketball Championship Game at 7:00 pm at the Lab School (map)
THURSDAY, FEB. 22, 2018
- GSA Meeting with Mr. Pereira and Anne at 12:30 pm
FRIDAY, FEB. 23, 2018
- Last Day to Get Your Donation into the Auction (enter donation here)
- Last Day to Vote on Prom Theme (vote here)
- Coyote Robotics with Mr. Lindner from 3:20 pm - 5:00 pm
The Student of the Week this week is EMILY BURGER for demonstrating the GWCS value of LEARNING.
Emily loves to learn. As a result of this, she has improved her grades substantially. Emily's recipe for success is as follows: 1) She is always focused and diligent in class. 2) She has a positive attitude that is infectious. 3) She strives to get the most out of every assignment or activity. 4) She is not afraid to ask questions to get better and better at something she is learning, and she pays close attention, taking the best notes that you can find. Organization and dedication have helped Emily come a long way. One of her teachers said that she is a student “who keeps her nose to the grindstone on every assignment that she is given”. Also, Emily is a great team player. She is kind enough to help peers when they need extra help and is an excellent individual to have in any group where collaboration is important. Another example of what makes Emily great is her strong commitment to our stellar girls’ basketball team. She has truly flourished this year learning to be a better basketball player and practicing hard at improving her killer shot. Emily is just starting to show her full potential and truly personifies what it means to be an avid learner in our GWCS community.
Check out the 'Student of the Week' bulletin board near Mr. Pereira's classroom. Each week a student is recognized for his or her demonstration of one of the eight GWCS Values.
GWCS VALUES: LEARNING, SERVICE, KINDNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPONSIBILITY, INVESTMENT, TEAM PLAY, INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY
Wax On Wax Off detailing offers auto and boat detailing at your home!
Licensed and insured, detailing includes:
- Extensive inside vacuum/shampoo for rugs/carpeting
- Inside surfaces cleaned and expertly polished
- Outside washed and waxed
Recommended by Debbie Fuller. Many thanks to the Fuller family for such a valued donation!
IN A FOG ABOUT DONATION IDEAS?
It’s getting close to Spring Cleaning time! How about services that keep your home in great shape while you spend quality time with your family? Examples include cleaning services, home and closet organization, lawn services, gutter cleaning, driveway sealants or help trimming trees.
Perhaps there's a business you know that would love to get their service advertised to our community through a donation to our auction. Don't be afraid to ask!
FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO DONATE AUCTION ITEMS HERE:
HAVE AN ITEM TO DONATE? ENTER IT HERE:
GWCS HEXAGON EXTRAVAGANZA...
Join Mr. Goldie for an evening of laughter!
***ONLY 5 TICKETS LEFT***
WHEN: Friday, March 9, 2018 from 4:30 pm – 11:00 pm (Theatre at 8:00 pm)
WHAT: Hexagon is a nonprofit organization composed of people whose purpose is to create and stage an original, political, satirical, musical comedy revue each year, both to have fun entertaining and to raise money for local charities.
WHERE: Wilson High School, 3950 Chesapeake Street NW, Washington DC 20016 (map)
COST: Dinner + Ticket + Ride + Fun = $60. This is a 'first come, first served' event (limited number of seats). If you like political, musical, satirical theatre then bring a sixty dollar check (per person) to school made out to GWCS A.S.A.P.
DRESS: Semi casual (no jeans, no tennis shoes, no t-shirts)
THE PLAN: We will leave after school at approximately 4:30 pm, drive downtown, eat dinner together (at Guapo’s on Wisconsin Avenue or something similar), then drive a few blocks to the theatre which begins at 8:00 pm. We should be back at the school around 10:45 pm.
QUESTIONS? Email Mr. Goldie: email@example.com
ORDER YOUR GWCS SPRING SWAG!
Before spring break - put order forms in basket on Ms. Mauney's desk by March 23, 2018!
A LITTLE WEEKEND READING...
catch up on the latest GWCS NEWS blog posts over the long weekend:
- Catch a Coyote Being Kind by Mrs. Sinichko
- The Canterbury Tales - A Road Trip Well Travelled by Dr. Garon
- Celebrating Our Senior Basketball Families by Mr. Goldie
- Create, Explore, Problem-Solve, Innovate, Express Yourself and Have Fun! by Dr. Cox
- Coyotes Contemplate Caterpillars, Chrysalis... Butterflies by Ms. Kohler
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
THINKING ABOUT NEXT YEAR?
Wondering when the first day of school is next year? How about winter break or even spring break? Did you want to plan on the fall Shakespeare trip to Staunton? Maybe you're a senior and want to know the date of graduation? The answer to these questions and many more can be found right here...
Thanks for the Love and kindness ❤!
On Wednesday, February 14th, the GWCS staff were greeted with Valentines Day gifts from the Coyote PAC! Thank you so much for the T.N.T. (Treats 'n Tools) Valentine! A baggie full of candy kisses and gummies and a cool multi-tool gadget in addition to a treat from Peet's and scrumptious, baked-with-love, homemade banana muffins!
The person with the BIGGEST ❤ gave the BIGGEST Valentine card:
Special thanks to Ms. Mauney who is very good at valentine-ing!
Ms. Mauney surprised everyone by decorating the cafe for Valentine's Day including pink and white streamers and red roses on all of the tables. Ms. Mauney also hid five valentine cards around the school and the lucky students who found them received a sweet treat! Thanks for the ❤ Ms. Mauney!
Feb 28: Community Service: Stream/Trail Cleanup
Feb 28: Hamlet Theatre Event - Sidney Harmon Hall
Mar 1: Tuition 'Plan D' Payment Due
Mar 2: Event Night
Mar 6-15: PAC Online Auction
Mar 8: 100 Days Until Graduation
Mar 9: Hexagon Extravaganza
Mar 10: SAT and Subject Tests
Mar 21: Coffeehouse
Mar 22: Basketball Banquet
Mar 23: Last Day of Third Quarter
Mar 23: AP Test Orders Due
Mar 23: Spring Swag Orders Due
Mar 26 - Apr 2: No School - Spring Break
Mar 28: GMU Regional College Fair
- SCHOOL EVENTS CALENDAR
- EMAIL & ONEDRIVE LOGIN
- SENIORS - COLLEGE - GRADUATION
- FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS/DONATIONS
- PARENT PORTAL
- PARENTS - COYOTE PAC
- GWCS NEWS BLOG
- SUPPORT US
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- COYOTE WEB (status reports, grades, attendance...)
- STAFF CONTACT INFO
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- FACEBOOK (Friend Request 'Goldie Warden' to be added to the GWCS Current Families Group)
- TWITTER (follow us @GWCSCoyote)